Sundays go hand in hand with lengthy lie ins, late breakfasts, staying in your pyjama’s for so long as potential and most significantly a great previous roast dinner. I do not find out about you however a sunday with out a roast of some type is simply legal.
With that mentioned a roast is not at all times potential while you’ve children working loopy round the home or are desperately (is it simply me ?) attempting to meet up with the mound of laundry and ironing. It is a recipe that basically requires hardly and prep in any respect, and cooks away slowly whereas you will get on with no matter else wants doing.. Or in case your something like myself .. plonk your self on the couch and do as little as potential !!
To serve a household of four for you will want :
2- 2 1/2 kg lamb shoulder
2 sachets of Nandos garlic & herb seasoning (medium sizzling)
100ml olive oil
recent rosemary sprigs*
2 medium pink onions
- Begin by preheating your oven at 200c, (fan assisted) then in a small bowl mix the two sachets with the olive oil and stir collectively and put apart.
- Take the lamb shoulder and calmly rating all the highest and underside. Take the garlic marinade, pour over the shoulder and rub in properly along with your fingers, ensuring you get into the scored cuts.
- Take the rosemary sprigs and tuck into a number of of the cuts on high and the underside
- Cowl the lamb with foil and place within the oven and go away for two hours
- After 2 hours, take away the foil from over the lamb**, add in 2 roughly chopped onions. Decrease the warmth right down to 150c and place again within the oven for an additional three hours
- The lamb now ought to be golden and absolutely roasted. Take away from the oven, recuperate with the foil and go away to relaxation for no less than 10 minutes.
- Serve along with your favorite roast veg, my easy peasy yorkies and gravy … and lashings of gravy