This actually is the best shortbread on this planet, tremendous fast to make, mild and buttery and is so good with an enormous mug of tea. This model is a chocolate chip one however I like swapping common caster sugar for lavender or vanilla infused sugar to make it that little bit extra extravagant.
To make 9 chunky squares or 12 ( virtually ) bitesize items you’ll need
250g unsalted softened butter
125g caster sugar
250g plain flour
50-75g chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 150c /300f and grease an eight inch sq. tin
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar until mild and fluffy
- Add within the plain flour, corn flour and chocolate chips and blend along with a picket spoon until it simply begins to return collectively. Use your arms to flippantly press all of it collectively*
- Switch the dough into the greased tin and gently press it out into the entire of the tin.
- Prick it throughout with a fork, and place within the oven for 50 -55 minutes until it is flippantly golden throughout.
- While its nonetheless a bit of heat (not scorching) sprinkle a bit of caster sugar throughout and as soon as cooled, lower into 9 chunky items or 12 smaller virtually bitesize items.