Persevering with with my Crew Apple VS Crew Strawberry, right here is my recipe for Strawberry turnovers :
For 16 turnovers you have to :
1 punnet of strawberries chopped into chunks
Four-5 tbsp strawberry jam
2 tbs corn flour
2 tbsp water
1 egg whisked
1 tbsp caster sugar
320ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla paste / seeds from vanilla pod
icing sugar to mud
- Preheat your oven to 180c, place the strawberries, sugar and the jam in a saucepan. Combine collectively the cornflour and a pair of tablespoons of water to make a easy paste and add to the saucepan Cook dinner the strawberries on a medium warmth, until they’ve barely softened and the jam has thickened a bit of – it ought to take about 10-12 minutes.
- Line a big rectangle baking tray with baking paper, and open out the pastry sheet. Lower the sheet of pastry into 16 equal rectangles*
- Brush every of the rectangles with the crushed egg and place the pastry within the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or till the every of the sheets has risen and are golden brown on prime. Depart to chill utterly then lower every rectangle in half, straight by the middle- so you will find yourself with 16 prime halves and 16 backside halves
- Whip the double cream with the vanilla paste until you get semi stiff peaks – whenever you choose it up with a tablespoon it should not drip off and will simply maintain its form.
- On every of the underside halves of pastry, place about 2 tablespoons of the whipped cream, then put a few tablespoon stuffed with the strawberry combination on prime of every slice. Then place the highest halves of pastry again on to every slice, and end off with a great dusting of icing sugar they usually’re able to serve