My final publish ‘ As a result of the cousin’s spouse requested ‘ was completed on the request of my cousin’s spouse. Tonight “Right here you go Saqi” is delivered to you on the request of my pal Saqiba. She requested for my recipe for Keema and potato and I am really shocked at myself for not running a blog it already as it is not simply one in all mine however a agency favorite of my children and husband, and any leftover mince makes a nice base for a chilli.
This can be a dish the place you actually put all the things in without delay, go away it cooking away slowly when you get on with different jobs and you find yourself with a scrumptious aromatic and comforting curry with minimal effort
So to serve Four-6 folks you’ll
1 kilo lamb/beef mince
6 medium onions
6-Eight cloves garlic / 2 frozen cubes
1 thumb piece of grated ginger / three frozen cubes
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp curry powder
1 tin tomatoes / three giant contemporary tomatoes
50ml olive/vegetable oil
three -Four inexperienced chillies
2 bay leaves
1- 1 1/2 cm piece of cinnamon
1 -2 tsp garam masala
contemporary chopped coriander
2 small tins of child potatoes
- Finely slice the onions and add to a heavy primarily based pan, then add all of the substances besides the coriander, potatoes and garam masala to the pan.
- Add simply sufficient water to cowl the mince and go away to simmer on a medium warmth. You need to go away it cooking until the mince has cooked by way of and all of the substances cut back down- fairly equally as you’d with gradual cooking a chilli.
- Because the mince is cooking away chances are you’ll must high up the water to make sure the onions and tomatoes break as much as make the curry masala- I discovered this takes 40-50 minutes on a medium warmth.
- As soon as the mince has cooked by way of and you’ve got a clean masala, you’ll want to bhun the combination which mainly means to make sure all of the water reduces, the oil separates from the mince and the masala sticks to the mince
- Add the potatoes and on a medium warmth, cook dinner the mince until it is barely browned in color. At this level you’ll be able to go away it as it’s fairly dry which is typical of a bhuna or re add a bit of water to loosen it up a bit of
- Stir within the garam masala and the coriander simply earlier than serving with both chapatis or boiled rice