What involves thoughts whenever you consider Cauliflower ? Most probably the phrases ‘boiled’ & ‘bland’ otherwise you’ll be immediately transported to your college days within the canteen and being served cauliflower cheese at lunchtimes – sufficient to place you off cauliflower for all times ?
Worry not for tonight’s recipe is a unbelievable Karahi recipe for cauliflower with the addition of candy peppers, lemon zest & juice for additional ‘Oomph’
This recipe will serve Four-6 folks, you’ll want the next:
1 giant cauliflower
Four medium onions
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 inexperienced chillies
2 tbsp garlic paste/ 1/2 bulb crushed
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 x 400g tin tomatoes
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
juice of 1/Four of lemon
1 giant candy pepper
- Warmth slightly oil in a heavy based mostly pan, add the ginger & garlic, fry on a medium warmth until calmly browned. Then add in your chillies , maintain stirring so the garlic & ginger do not catch*. When the chillies have softened, add within the onions which were roughly chopped.
- Brown your onions after which add within the salt & tomatoes, and simmer on a low warmth until combination has lowered slightly and add the cauliflower (I fairly wish to maintain the tomatoes & onions chunky for a little bit of texture)
- Place the lid in your pan, decrease the warmth fully, and depart for about 30 minutes to let the cauliflower soften. Be sure to stir half manner by way of to forestall any catching on the backside of the pan, and in addition to test how the cooked by way of the cauliflower is*.
- When the cauliflower has softened, add the candy pepper, once more I usually simply roughly chop it.
- Let the cauliflower & peppers simmer on a medium warmth for about 25-30 minutes, stirring in between to cease any of it catching.*
- When the peppers & cauliflower have softened, and the water has lowered, add within the cumin, mustard seeds & the lemon juice
- Garnish with recent coriander, once more I roughly chop it and sprinkle.
- Serve together with your alternative of Naan
*Bear in mind it’ s at all times helpful to maintain the kettle stuffed with water so you’ll be able to add just a few splashes to cease any catching/burning
*any leftovers are fab layered up as lasagne with the addition of mushrooms and potatoes – curried vegetable lasagne, or just place leftovers into an oven proof dish, add some other greens of your alternative, pour in a beneficiant quantity of béchamel sauce, prime together with your fave cheese, sprinkle on some herbs and bake within the oven at 180c for about 20 minutes till the cheese is effervescent & golden – One other Foody Mama twist !!