Todays publish is considered one of my favorite vegetarian curries- Okra, or women fingers as there generally generally known as are additionally nice with hen or lamb, however i really like them merely with potatoes and even on their very own.
What makes this dish even less complicated from when i used to be youthful is that now frozen okra are available in all Asian meals shops, I’ve even seen them in Asda & Tesco, so it can save you your time washing and chopping them which takes up more often than not when cooking this curry.
To serve Four-6 individuals you’ll need
2 x 400g bag frozen chopped okra
three medium onions
Four inexperienced chillies chopped
1 half of tsp salt
2 tsp garlic paste / 2 frozen garlic cubes
three tsp ginger paste / three frozen garlic cubes
1 tin plum / chopped tomatoes
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp curry powder
recent coriander to garnish
- Begin by including a small quantity of oil right into a heavy based mostly pan, add within the ginger & garlic, and fry on a medium warmth, stirring to make sure the garlic and ginger do not catch on the backside of the pan, in the meantime, finely slice the onions.When the garlic and ginger have browned, add within the onions
- Brown off the onions until they’re golden brown in color on a medium warmth, then add within the salt & the chillies
- When the chillies have softened and cooked via, add within the curry powder and the tin tomatoes. break up the tomatoes with the spoon and even evenly mash them, and go away to simmer on a low warmth
- In a small frying pan, on a low warmth toast the mustard & cumin seeds collectively. As quickly because the mustard seeds start to pop, take the pan off the warmth and put apart.
- Add the chopped okra to the curry masala, and go away to simmer, for 20-25 minutes on a low warmth, or till the okra are tender and cooked via. Stir the okra half approach, to make sure they cook dinner via evenly and are not catching on the underside of the pan. Should you discover them catching, add a splash of water, stir via and proceed to simmer until they’re cooked.
- As soon as the okra are cooked, add within the cumin & mustard seeds, stir via. Garnish with recent chopped coriander and serve