Amy’s tabouleh .. I’ve named this recipe as such as a result of the truth that tabouleh is one thing that I might all the time wished to attempt however by no means truly had up till assembly with my buddy Amy for a girly catch up and a cooking session of all kinds of little fine details. Not solely do I completely love the flavour and textures on this dish, however I like the way it consists of s little and there is not any precise measurements of elements ; Merely toss all of it collectively and tweak as you go alongside .
So for Amy’s tabouleh you will have :
about 200g bulgar wheat*
a bunch of mint
a bunch of flat leaf parsley
a bunch of recent coriander
half of tomatoes
lemon juice (elective)
salt and pepper to season
- Begin by boiling the bulgar wheat in a pan till simply tender, (simply as you’ll with rice, it would additionally develop as rice does because it cooks away ) drain any remaining water, put right into a bowl or dish you wish to serve it in and depart to utterly cool, then add splash of olive oil & somewhat lemon juice
- Whereas the wheat cools, finely chop half the bunch of mint, coriander and parsley, add it into the wheat and stir by means of
- Roughly chop the tomato, add to the bowl together with the pomegranate seeds. Season with somewhat salt and pepper, examine in case your proud of the flavours and if you should add extra of no matter you’re feeling it must.
- Function you’ll a aspect salad with any essential or just eat on it is personal as it’s
* when you’re not eager on bulgar wheat you’ll be able to swap it with cous cous. All you’d have to do is soak the cous cous with freshly boiled water. You want simply sufficient water to cowl the cous cous and canopy it with cling movie and depart for about 5-10 minutes to fluff up. You might even attempt bulgar whet with quinoa